Welcome to the Duke University Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report submission for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an Emergency
- This incident occurred on the Duke University campus, Duke University Medical Center area, or within the Duke Hospital
- There are no Known suspects
If all of the above statements are true, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered no to any of the questions please look at our Frequently Asked Questions section below.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report temporary case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report submission to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Information to Provide
When reporting a crime, please be ready to provide information such as:
- A brief description of what occurred
- Where the incident occurred
- When the incident occurred
- Whether the suspect(s) had a weapon
- Where and when the suspect(s) were last seen
- What the suspect(s) looked like
- Hair Color/length
- Clothing including shoes worn
- Facial Hair
- Tattoos, scars
Using the Duke University Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the incidents such as:
Property Damage, Lost Property, Telephone Harassment, Thefts and also add Supplements to existing reports
Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the following page. Please click on "Select Incident" to begin.
If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Duke University Police Department (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 919-684-2444) to file your report.