Recovering From a Crime

Whether you’re a student, faculty or staff at Duke, counseling options are available if you are a victim of a crime, or witness a crime.

For students, Duke offers Counseling and Psychological Services, known as CAPS. Services at CAPS include evaluation and counseling for a variety of needs from family and social matters to dealing with the effects of crime.

For Duke faculty and staff, services are available through Duke Personal Assistance Service, known as PAS. The staff of licensed professionals offers assessment, short-term counseling and referrals free of charge.

Sexual Assault Support Services

Duke Police officers support victims of sexual assault. If you have experienced sexual or relationship violence, you have the right to report an incident to us, or to the Duke Women's Center.